So I’m gonna be totally honest here 🙄 ! I bought this big, awesome muffin-tin thing at Sur La Tab and actually set out to make a giant tofu muffin (which I’ve made successfully in the past – and I’ll post that recipe one of these days cuz it’s a GREAT quick meal!) but I screwed up royally! The good news is that I accidentally made the most AMAZING CURRY DISH EVER!!!! I’ve made it a million times since, and it’s a HUUUUUGE HIT – so here’s the recipe. You will love this!!
(CONTINUE READING HERE)
If you’re a veggie lover, like me AND if you love Indian food (again, like me) then you’re in for a real treat! Let me give you one tip though. I’ve bought a million curry powders in my life – in search of the perfect one! This particular curry powder really is the best I’ve had and it MAKES this dish THAT much more amazing! Any curry powder will still make this recipe ‘ridiculously delicious’, but since I’m a curry snob, I have to have my S&B Curry Powder. Kay, so here’s the recipe!
— PREHEAT OVEN TO 400*
Put the following in a blender:
* 4 ounces (I literally weigh it) of extra-firm tofu (click link for a low cal/carb/organic brand that I use) …. wrap in paper towel and squeeze some moisture outta there!
* 1/3 C of Almond Milk (click green link to see the brand I use – cuz lots of brands have carrageenan in it – and don’t even get me STARTED with how bad that is for you!)
* 1/3 C Water
* 1 T of S&B Curry Powder (see above)
* 1/2 t Baking Soda
* 1/2 t Baking Powder (you can omit this and the B. Soda if you want to, but consistency will suffer)
* 1/4 t Salt – I love the Pink Himalayan Salt for it’s health benefits (less sodium, more minerals. Read green links to learn more)
——After you’ve blended all of that above (I dump it all in my Vitamix!), pour it into a SMALL greased (I spray Pam) casserole or baking dish. I say SMALL because this whole thing is to serve ONE. Double the recipe if you only have larger baking dishes. You’ll love the leftovers!!!
* 1/3 C Diced Red Onion
* 1/3 C Shredded Brussel Sprouts (leave out if too difficult, but I buy these pre-shredded at Trader Joe’s)
* A generous HANDFUL of Chopped Kale (I cheat with these too! I get ’em pre chopped in a bag. Shhhhhhh! 😉 )
* Got Sliced Mushrooms? Throw some in there too!
– Make sure the wet ingredients bury the veggies!
Bake (uncovered) for 10 mins. Mix a little, bake for 10-12 more.
It’ll thicken to a nice thick, curry consistency!
When it’s done and still really hot, I like to mix in cilantro, RAW broccoli and cauliflower (to benefit from the nutrients they offer in their raw form) and decorate with Sriracha Sauce to add heat.
That’s it! You CAN serve it over brown rice or soba/buckwheat noodles, but I watch my carbs and prefer to only add those grains when I’m going out of my WAY to eat carbs. You won’t believe how AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS and filling this meal is! You got your protein, lots of veggies and can enjoy your Indian meal knowing you’re doing your body good. Enjoy 😎